- This event has passed.
MY STORY with Hannah Androulaki-Khan
December 29, 2021 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We are calling this new series “MY STORY- WE ARE NOT ALONE”.
Here’s some more information about the talk:
Hannah will be sharing her story, titled “Social Suffering: Being An Extrovert with High Functioning Anxiety”.
Her short bio:
“Hello! I’m Hannah, currently, a quarter-century old and still can’t roller-skate! I have three fur-babies that are my absolute life, except when they aren’t destroying my phone chargers and trying to eat my Q-tips. Presently, I’m employed as a legal consultant but my true passion lies in wildlife activism, environmental preservation, and climate justice! I love taking pretty photos of nature, volunteering, and pretending like I enjoy hiking up mountain trails.
Unfortunately, involving myself in activism and being socially aware does cause a lot of issues for my personal life, with the main problem being how much it fuels my anxiety.
I was diagnosed with panic attacks at the age of 20. Although I knew it was commonplace, I couldn’t help feeling like no one else truly understood how it felt for me as I did not exhibit the typical/recognized characteristics. To date, I’ve accepted the anxiety as a small hurdle that I have to bulldoze through (I cannot jump a hurdle to save my life, I eat waaaaaay too many carbs!) I want to share my story to highlight how perception and behavior can really be underestimated when someone is a high-functioning anxiety sufferer (like myself).
Here’s the outline:
1) How she navigates daily life as a high-functioning anxiety sufferer and discussing how it isn’t fully recognized yet as a mental health diagnosis,
2) The first stages understanding that she had mental health issues;
3) Why she hasn’t sought out professional help and familial impact;
4) How she has anxiety but also is extremely extroverted;
5) Having an amazing support system has helped ease some of the problems and;
6) The impact of modern society on my anxiety and what steps she takes to curb it.
Join us! We would love to see you in the audience, listening to her story and helping us raise awareness about Mental Health.
Meeting ID: 935 9864 4405