- This event has passed.
Tuseday Talks – Taking Charge Of Our Own Mental Wellbeing – Peer-Minded
September 29 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Taking Charge Of Our Own Mental Wellbeing
Anas, Hafsa and Sarah are students from New York University Abu Dhabi, where they studied a range of different majors. Inspired by a strong tradition of student-led wellbeing support network at their university, they recently founded Peer-Minded, an online peer-to-peer support network for university students in the UAE.
Our talk’s discussion points:
– Importance of students’ mental health
– Contemporary mental health challenges faced by university students
– Impact of COVID-19 on education and student life + difficulties stemming thereof
– The story behind Peer-Minded
– Unique contribution of peer support in the mental health sphere
– Closing note: Overarching policy/program implementation targeting mental wellbeing in educational institutions: Academic accommodations etc..
Instagram handle: @peerminded
Topic: Tuesday Talks – Taking Charge Of Our Own Mental Wellbeing
Time: Sep 29, 2020 08:00 PM Dubai
Meeting ID: 846 7709 4109
Your space, to talk, to share, to listen.
You are not alone; we are in this together; and together we can.
Any questions, please WhatsApp me directly. (Ali +971 50 5521466)