What we do
Our platform provides services, information, and resources to create awareness and end the stigma surrounding Mental Health in the UAE.
Our services are on three parallels.
- We use our Website and Instagram to provide information and resources.
- We work with universities in the country to provide support in creating awareness.
- We have a meetups / talks that is open for the general public held weekly.
- For corporates we provide custom wellness packages.
- Our platform / mobile app will have therapists, counselors, psychiatrist, and other wellness providers at a nominal cost. (This is currently under development)
In July 2019, at a coffee shop with a few friends, we were concerned for a friend who was facing some mental health issues. Ten minutes into googling for support services and such in the UAE. We came to the shocking realization, that there was very little information available.
Immediately we wanted to do something regarding the understanding, acceptance and awareness of Mental Health in the UAE.
That is how the idea of Mental Health UAE started.
With humble beginnings as an idea in a coffee shop, we hope to bring awareness and understanding to the UAE.
We need your support!
We wanted our logo to be symbolic of everyone’s mental health journey. So, we started with a semicolon, protected by a heart.
In grammar, it marks a point at which the author could have ended the sentence but decided to keep going. As a globally-recognized suicide prevention symbol it reminds all those who need it, that their story isn’t finished. And the heart protecting it symbolizes the courage it takes to keep going.
The butterfly is an icon of change and growth; of flight. The abstract polygon design represents how shattered we can feel. But when we put our broken pieces together, they can become our wings.
And then we carefully chose colors that represent the warmth of our soul, the complexity of our emotions, the determination and resilience of our being.