What is Mental Health
“… a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.”
“is not just the absence of mental disorder.”
MENTAL HEALTH CONTINUUM
It’s natural to go through ups and downs in life. Sometimes you bounce right back when you’re feeling down. Other times, you may need help to recover and return to feeling like your usual self.
So how can you tell when you need help? The Mental Health Continuum Model illustrates the different mental health phases you may experience throughout your life and career.
A bit about us
In July 2019, at a coffee shop with a few friends, we were concerned for a friend who was facing some mental health issues. Ten minutes into googling for support services and such in the UAE. We came to the shocking realization, that there was very little information available.
Immediately we wanted to do something regarding the understanding, acceptance and awareness of Mental Health in the UAE.
That is how the idea of Mental Health UAE started.
With humble beginnings as an idea in a coffee shop, we hope to bring awareness and understanding to the UAE.
What we do
Our platform provides services, information, and resources to create awareness and end the stigma surrounding Mental Health in the UAE.
Our services are on three parallels.
- We use our Website and Instagram to provide information and resources.
- We work with universities in the country to provide support in creating awareness.
- We have a meetups / talks that is open for the general public held weekly.
- For corporates we provide custom wellness packages.
- Our platform / mobile app will have therapists, counselors, psychiatrist, and other wellness providers at a nominal cost. (This is currently under development)
(Topic – Worry & Anxiety)
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Tuesday Talks – Master Your Emotions to Master Your Life with Tori Cruz
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
(Topic – Happiness Equation)
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM