MHAE is a UAE based mental health and wellness initiative, with the aim to create awareness and provide a safe space as well as access to information and resources. Follow us on our Instagram and check out our website.
Anna is a survivor of and expert on violence against women, and certified mental health first aider. She is committed to raising awareness about violence against women and its impact on mental health. Anna opens up and shares her story of surviving domestic violence and escape to freedom in the hope of empowering others to speak up and get help.
And has served as a member of renowned non-profit, Maitri India, is a former spokesperson for Creative Services Support Group (CSSG) and felicitated by SRL Diagnostics as a Woman of Substance in 2015. An activist and speaker Anna works with individuals, groups, and organizations while empowering others to live their bravest and most free life. Anna has been featured for her work and story on BBC India, Gulf News Femina Magazine, Hauterfly, and more.
– Life as a domestic violence victim (My story)
– The healing journey (Mental health implications, getting help)
– The silver lining + lessons learned (value of life, new beginnings, resilience, empowerment, making a difference – purpose for the pain)
– Stigma & discrimination against domestic violence victims/survivors
– How victims can get help in the UAE
– How survivors can overcome abuse-related trauma in the UAE
MHAE Website | https://mentalhealth.ae/
MHAE Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/mentalhealthae